Saturday, November 1, 2014

We're Here!

Tried to post this yesterday, but had trouble with internet connection! After a VERY long trip, we are finally here in China! It is so strange to think that everyone I know and love is half a world away! Our trip here was LONG! I woke at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday and flew out of Nashville at 7:55. Upon arriving in Chicago, I met up with the team! We had a few hours before the plane was scheduled to take off for China where we got to know each other a bit. The ended up being delayed two hours! Our first test of patience and flexibility, no doubt! After fourteen hour plane ride, we arrived at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, got to our hotel around 7:00 and then went out for dinner. I couldn't really sleep on the plane. I dozed off for a few minutes here and there and maybe got 2 or 3 hours of sleep total. By the time I went to bed last night, I had been awake (with the exception of the few cat naps on the plane) for more than 24 hours. You would think I'd have been exhausted. Amazing how the Lord works...he gave me the energy and strength I needed to get through that trip. Thank you for your prayers on that and keep 'em coming, please? Another praise is that Todd reports that Natalie has been sweet and compliant (not demonstrating those "terrible twos" we were experiencing for a couple of weeks before the trip, which was enough to drain your patience quickly even when you had a tag-team approach). Thank you for the prayers there, as well and keep those coming, too! Todd has a long 10 days ahead of him! Last night for dinner, we went to a little noodle shop. It reminded me of a little Chinese take out place you would go to back home. However, the food was AMAZING!! It was cool to see them making the noodles and there was a cute little chopstick dispenser (kind of like our straw dispensers). Our guide ordered for us and we had a big bowl of noodles with beef in this delicious broth. SO stinkin good! If all the food is like this, I will have no troubles!! More to come about our trip to the Great Wall and the Forbidden City yesterday. We are about to head to the airport to fly into the city where the orphanage is. We have a three hour flight and a little bit of a drive, but not sure how long. I hope to post more tonight about yesterday's adventure! Until then...

3 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! You're there!!!! I have been stalking the blog LOL hoping for an update! :D I can just see you there with the noodles. I wish we had gotten those. YUM! They look wonderful!!! I like a lot of the food and yes, the chop sticks dispensers as you described! I never sleep much on the flights either LOL! Hope you got to catch up on some movies anyway maybe. You are almost to the place for which you flew half a world away … praying, praying, praying!!! Leslie I. P.S. Jameson asks me every day for an update. We sent you some texts but then it occurred to me you probably have that turned off. He is praying for Ms. Tara! So sweet! He keeps talking about you going to visit kids in a place just like he was at … a team just like you came to visit him. {{<3}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie! I'm so glad you are reading my blog! I love that Jameson is praying for me! So very SWEET!! I did get your text, but am not able to reply back to any texts. I can answer emails, though! Thanks so much for your prayers!!! I'll keep you posted on how tomorrow goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't miss a post Tara!!! YOU'RE IN THE PLACE where four of my babes were born! :D That makes my heart so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete