Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 6: Field Trip

We took the group of older kids to the park today. It was so great seeing their faces. They were so excited! We were each paired with a child to take care of while at the park. My buddy was a bit naughty. He was supposed to hold my hand while walking around, but he refused and ran ahead quite often. I had to chase him down a few times, all the while trying to tell him to stop, come back, wait, etc., only he didn’t understand my English. He was a cutie though and I got a little workout! The 12 year old from yesterday (the one who wants three brothers) found me and my teammate who was paired with him said that he wanted to be my partner. He came up to me and took my hand. My buddy got a little jealous and was trying to push his hand away. I told them they could each hold a hand. Of course, that didn’t last long with my little guy. He took off shortly thereafter. He didn’t want to hold my hand, but he didn’t want anyone else holding it either! Later, the 12 year old saved me a place on the bus. So stinking sweet! The park was by the ocean, so we got to see that, too. Quite different than I was expecting. There were a lot of oil rigs and boats. There was an amusement park area at this park, too, and the kids got to ride the carousel. They were so excited! After walking around for a bit, we found a shady spot under some palm trees and we all sat and rested. The kids sang songs and did some little dances. They also asked us to sing more songs. They wanted us to sing something that was popular in America. We failed at this task, as we couldn’t think of any songs we all knew the words to. We were able to take some pictures today, so I captured so of the sweet moments and a couple of selfies with my buddies!
This is me and my buddy.
This is the boy who wants three brothers!
This is one of my favorites! A little 3-year old with Down syndrome.
My little friend really liked having his picture taken! He stopped at almost every statue we passed and posed for a picture. He also liked looking at the pictures. He was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment